Tuesday, June 24, 2008

I'm having another premiere

I'm finally settling into Arlington. 
I've attended two pitch meetings  for the pilot Your Week and have learned a lot about the decision making process and probably from some of the best in the area (producers who have produced show for NBC, MSNBC, Sundance Channel, PBS, just to name a few...).

So with the family on it's way in, I figure it's time to screen the film that I shot in Arlington only a few months ago and have since successfully premiered it at the Salmagundi Film Festival in Charlottesville, and turned it in to my advisors in order to graduate.


The Write Note stars Tim Ouyang and April Archer as high schoolers who find common ground in music as they deal with issues at home and at school.  You can view the trailer here

Even now as I look back on the film, the amount of things I've learned both technically and creatively since my experience working on it has greatly expanded. This is the first time I've written, directed, and edited a film with such length and narrative dialog.  It proved quite a challenge to conquer the logistics of such without a producer and planning most of it off site while I was in Charlottesville.  Yet the will of some Filmmakers Society newbies, talent who allowed me to trust them to do what's best, and local courtesy, everything got completed.  It's been a true blessing to see the support and excitement behind the film, yet I definitely cannot take all the credit, as a huge team of people came together both in Charlottesville and Arlington to make it all happen.  

So July 2nd, if anyone is in the Washington, DC/Arlington area stop by Busboys and Poets at 8:30 for some fun, film, and live music by Tim and Andrew of Tim be Told!
And maybe stay for the 4th... it's kinda a big deal around here :)

No comments: